If you love high-end home decor, but you are on a budget, then this post is for you! I made three Dollar Tree home decor DIYs, including a rope tray, wood bead garland and a hobnail glass vase. These DIY high-end home decor pieces are all super easy to make, and will look good in your home all year round. They are also part of a fun Dollar Tree DIY challenge, which I am sure you will love!
Watch the Video
This Dollar Tree high-end home decor DIY video was part of a collab with a group of my friends on YouTube! We randomly selected three aisles at Dollar Tree and challenged ourselves to all make DIYs using items from those three aisles.
DIY Rope Tray
From the kitchen aisle at Dollar Tree, I chose to use a burner cover to make a DIY rope tray, and I love how this turned out!
- Dollar Tree Burner Cover
- Gold Acrylic Paint
- Rope or Jute Cord
- Paint the outside of the burner cover (the side with the writing) gold. This will become the bottom of the tray and it won’t be seen, but covering it up gives the tray a more high-end look.
- Hot glue rope onto the inside of the burner cover, starting on the outer edge and going around in circles until you reach the centre.
- Once the bottom is covered, glue rope around the inner and outer edges of the burner cover, adding in the handles along the way.
DIY Wood Bead Garland
Wood bead garlands are everywhere, and they are the perfect addition to any decor. As part of the YouTube challenge, we had to select something from the automotive/hardware section, and I chose twine from the hardware aisle for this DIY.
- 35 Wood Beads (plus one small one)
- White Acrylic Paint
- Wood Skewer
- Thread a small bead onto the skewer so the rest of the beads don’t fall off. Not all of the beads will fit onto the skewer, so you will have to do this in sections, or use multiple skewers.
- Paint the beads white. It will take a couple of coats to cover the beads.
3. Wrap a piece of twine around your fingers 15 times, then cut it off.
4. Cut off another piece of twine and tie it around the top of the previous loop.
5. Cut a long piece of twine the length you want the garland to be, and tie the loop onto the end of this piece.
6. Thread the beads onto the twine. (to make it easier, wrap a piece of tape around the ends of the twine)
7. Once all the beads are on the twine, make another tassel and tie it onto the end of the garland.
8.Cut through the bottom of both twine looks to form the tassels.
DIY Hobnail Glass Vase
For the glassware part of the Dollar Tree challenge, I got a round glass terrarium and turned it into a high-end-looking hobnail glass vase.
- Glass Terrarium or Vase
- White Spray Paint
- Pearl Stickers
- Faux Succulents
- The stickers I got were on strands, so I cut them off one by one to keep the sticky part on the back.
- Stick the stickers onto the vase.
- Spray paint the vase white. This will take a couple of coats to cover all the stickers and the glass.
- Arrange flowers or succulents inside the vase.
Thank you for reading this Dollar Tree DIY home decor post! I had so much fun participating in this challenge with my friends, so I hope you will check out all the videos on the playlist!
Need more DIY inspiration? Check out these posts next!