If you love home decor, but you don’t love spending a lot of money, this post is for you! I made four high-end looking home decor DIYS using supplies from Dollar Tree. All of these home decor DIYs are so easy to make, and all cost around $1 or less. I am showing you how to make a beautiful twine basket, a geometric painted vase, a textured ceramic vase and a geometric succulent holder. Keep reading for four high-end Dollar Tree home decor DIYs!
Watch the Video
Some of the links below are affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase, I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support!
DIY Twine Basket
- Start hot gluing twine around the box, making sure the bottom of the box is not poking through.
- Continue gluing and wrapping twine around the box until there is a few inches left at the top.
- Cut off the twine and glue the end to the box.
- Turn a pillow case inside out.
- Fold down edges of pillow case a few times (you may have to play around with how many folds, depending on the size of the box).
- Put the pillowcase inside the box and fold the edges of the pillowcase over the corners of the box.
- If there is excess fabric inside the box, you can fold more of the pillowcase over the corners of the box.
DIY Geometric Painted Vase
- Glass Vase
- Spray Paint
- Painter’s Tape (I used masking tape, but painter’s tape would work much better)
- Decorative Gems
- Place tape on the glass vase, making different patterns and shapes.
- Spray paint vase.
- Once the paint is dry, peel off the tape
- Place flowers and decorative gems in the vase.
DIY Textured Vase
- Mix paint and baking powder in a plastic bowl. Play around with the amount of paint and baking powder. You will see the paint mixture start bubbling, and it will look aerated.
- Brush paint mixture onto vase.
- Place flowers into the vase.
DIY Geometric Succulent Holder
- If you are using bendy straws, cut off the bendy part so you are only left with nine straight straws.
- Glue straws together to form a geometric structure. When gluing the straws together, pinch the ends together and hold in place for a few seconds to let the glue set.
- Once you have the completed structure, spray paint it.
- Place a small succulent underneath the straw structure. I got mine at the dollar store!
Thank you so much for reading this post on high-end Dollar Tree home decor DIYs! Don’t forget to check out the video for a full tutorial on all these projects, and to subscribe to my YouTube channel while you’re there.
Looking for more DIY projects? Check out these posts: