One of the best parts of living in British Columbia, Canada, is we are surrounded by so much incredible nature. I love all the trees and mountains and of course…waterfalls! This summer, my husband and I made an effort to discover many of the nearby waterfalls. In this post, I am sharing five waterfalls to visit near Revelstoke. These waterfalls range from being 15 minutes from Revelstoke to one hour away. Keep reading for my Revelstoke, British Columbia waterfall guide.
Moses Creek Falls
Moses Creek Falls is a set of two waterfalls hidden along Westside Road just outside of Revelstoke. The hike is moderate difficulty, with several steep parts that can get quite muddy. It takes less than five minutes to get to the first waterfall from the lower parking lot, then another few minutes to get to the second waterfall.
From Revelstoke: 15 minutes
- From Victoria Road, turn left onto Highway 1 West. Turn right on Westside Road. Six kilometres up the road, you will see a parking lot on the right-hand side of the road and a sign that says Moses Creek parking area. You can park here, but I advise driving just past this lot and turning right on the next road, which leads down to a parking area next to the Columbia River. We found it was easier to access both falls from the bottom than it was from the upper parking lot.
**The road to Begbie Falls will be closed Sept. 16, 2019 for the construction of a campsite.** Check out Sites and Trails BC for up-to-date information.
The hike down to Begbie Falls is fairly easy and takes about 10 minutes. The trail ends with a set of stairs that lead to a viewing platform in front of the falls.
From Revelstoke: 20 minutes
- From Victoria Road, turn left onto Highway 1 West. Turn left on Highway 23 South. Turn left on Mount Begbie Road. Drive to the end of the forest service road and park.
Sutherland Falls is the easiest hike in this list of waterfalls. I wouldn’t even call it a hike, really. It is less than a five-minute walk down a flat trail. The scenery is gorgeous though, and it’s a nice easy walk in the woods.
From Revelstoke: 20 minutes
- Sutherland Falls is located in Blanket Creek Provincial Park. From Victoria Road in Revelstoke, turn left onto Highway 1 West, then left on Highway 23 South. Entrance to the park is on the left 23 kilometres down the highway.
Kay Falls is very much a hidden waterfall, and it is such a treasure to find! Walking up to the waterfall takes less than five minutes and is an easy hike. It is well worth a quick stop on the side of the highway.
From Revelstoke: 30 minutes
- From Victoria Road, turn left on Highway 1 West. Watch for a pullout on the left side of the road past the Enchanted Forest. For the exact location, type Kay Falls Trailhead into Google Maps.
Sicamous Creek Falls
**As of late July 2019, the Sicamous Creek Trails are CLOSED until further notice because of a fatal fall.** I was here just a week before the accident. Check Shuswap Trails for up-to-date information on the status of the trails.
There are several trails in the area, but if you want to get to the waterfall, it’s a very short hike. It takes less than five minutes to get to the falls. There is a set of stairs to walk down, along with a fairly narrow trail.
From Revelstoke: 1 hour
- From Victoria Road, turn left onto Highway 1 West. Turn left on BC-97A. At the roundabout, take the second exit onto BC-97A South. Turn left onto 2 Mile Road. You will see a Sicamous Creek Trails sign up the road a bit on the right.
Do you have any favourite waterfalls? Share them below!
And if you liked this Revelstoke, British Columbia waterfall guide, share it on Pinterest!
Check out these posts next: